MOMMY & ME
Our mommy and me fitness program can be a fantastic way for moms to stay active while bonding with their babies and other moms. We created this program because we know how incredibly beneficial fitness can be for both moms and their children, mentally, physically and emotionally. Here are some reasons why:
1. Physical health: Exercise is important for maintaining physical health, and a mommy and me fitness class can provide an opportunity for new moms to stay active while also caring for their baby. Exercise can help improve cardiovascular health, build strength and endurance, work on their pelvic floor, regain core strength and support weight loss.
2. Mental health: Caring for a new baby can be overwhelming, and exercise is an effective way to relieve stress, improve mood, and combat postpartum depression.
3. Bonding: Mommy and me fitness classes provide an opportunity for moms to bond with their children in a unique way. The physical closeness of exercising together can help strengthen the parent-child bond, and the shared experience can create lasting memories.
4. Community: Being a new mom can be isolating, but a mommy and me fitness class can provide a sense of community and connection with other moms who are going through similar experiences.
5. Healthier Future: Every child sees mommy as their hero and someone they want to be like. Showing your child at a young age that their mommy is active and works out, helps them to understand the importance of it very early on. They will want to pick up those weights and copy you when you’re squatting the moment they can walk and lift things. Once your child starts running faster than you, guess who becomes the one who is now inspiring mom to get better ;) The future will be fitter and healthier.
Overall, mommy and me fitness classes can provide a range of benefits for both moms and their babies, from physical health, mental toughness to emotional well-being. They can be a great way to stay active and engaged during the challenging but rewarding years of parenthood.
Ages 3-mos - 1 year
Hi there, new mom here! My name is Alexis and I’ve been in the fitness world helping people reach their goals for over 10 years now. Over the past year, I’ve realized how vital exercise is to not only my health, but to the health of my baby. With that being said, it’s NOT always easy to fit it into the schedule. I remember when I was a trainer and had moms telling me all the time how they’re too busy and couldn’t make time for the gym in the midst of parenthood and all of the other things on the to-do list. I’d respond “time management is key, no excuses!” Boy was I wrong, ha! Life does a true 180 after kids and I’ve now experienced it firsthand. The first couple months were hard and a little all over the place, but now I’m taking back MY life and you can too. I’d love for you to join me and participate in a Mommy & Me class - a class designed to get you out of the house for an hour; a class that lets you take care of you while spending time with your little one; a class that gives you an opportunity to make friends with other local moms in your community. Let me help you be the best example you can be for your new addition.
Ages 1 - 3 years
My name is Julia. I am part owner of CrossFit Middle Village & The CircHIIT. I have over 17 years of experience in the fitness industry and 6 years experience of being a fit mommy! I have 2 amazing girls, who make me wear my MOM HAT more proudly than anything else I have ever worn. I am pre/ post natal certified and have brought my body back from the pregnancy journey twice. I know how hard it can be, especially after the 2nd child. Eeesh… it’s not easy and thinking back to the highs and lows I’m happy I was surrounded by such amazing people on my own journey. I watched as my 6 year old has become an incredible little athlete and I can attest to the fact that it it is so important to surround your children with a environment that includes fitness and a fit role model mommy. It truly inspired her to WANT to be fit and really enjoy it. It’s made her competitive, determined, and motivated , all very important qualities to gain mental toughness. She has now become my inspiration and man does she make me work harder. ;) Now my 2 year old is gearing up to be like her 6 year old sister and better than her 41 year old mommy. I’m excited to help her get there along with other mommy’s and their children.